Who we are
Our website address is: https://hopecohousing.org. We are a Community Interest Company developing a cohousing initiative
What data we collect and why we collect it
We sometimes ask for contact details if you are registering for the newsletter or booking into an event or activity so that we can update you on the event or ask you to evaluate it. We may also send you information about similar events or activities we provide.
When visitors contact us we collect the data shown in the contacts form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
We use Akismet to check contact form submissions against their global database of spam. You can check how they use your data here: https://automattic.com/privacy/.
The site is cookie-free.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
We include a number of links to other sites on these pages. Those pages may display advertizing and almost certainly will track your behaviour. The latter particularly applies to Facebook, Twitter and other social media sites.
Data storage and rights
Any individual data will not be shared, except where required to do so by law.
How long we retain your data
If you contact us, the content and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can respond to you if necessary.
Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which we hold about you (a Subject Access Request or ‘SAR’).
- The right to request that we correct any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for us to retain such data. (Records will remain in skeleton, to ensure no further contact in future).
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability), (where applicable) [Only applies where the processing is based on consent or is necessary for the performance of a contract with the data subject and in either case the data controller processes the data by automated means].
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data, (where applicable) [Only applies where processing is based on legitimate interests (or the performance of a task in the public interest/exercise of official authority); direct marketing and processing for the purposes of scientific/historical research and statistics]
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s
We are committed to ensuring that information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the data we process.
Click to contact us.
updated: July 15, 2020